|WHAT IT IS||
Grammy Award-winning Soundgarden are back together after a 13-year absence from the stage. The band is launching a 17 city summer tour and are inviting aspiring photographers to submit their best photograph of an event for the chance to join the band on one date of their 2011 summer tour. One photographer will be chosen in each market to capture the energy of the band and their fans.
|WHO IT’S FOR||Photographers|
|WHO IT’S FROM|
|HOW THE WINNERS WILL BE CHOSEN||
Soundgarden will choose 17 winners, one winner for each tour date, from all qualified* submissions with special consideration for the top voted entries.
|WHAT THE WINNERS WILL GET||
Each winner will be given a guest photo pass for one date of Soundgarden's 2011 North American tour to photograph the band during their live performance. Travel and accommodation is the responsibility of each winner.
The 17 winning photographers will have their photographs from Soundgarden's live performance featured in a gallery on soundgardenworld.com and across the band's social networks. All winners will receive photographic credit.
|WHAT TO DO NEXT||
Click "Get Started"
|DATES TO REMEMBER||
Submission Deadline: June 5, 2011
Voting Starts: June 6, 2011
Voting Ends: June 13, 2011
Winner Announcement: June 23, 2011
• All participants should submit their best photograph of an event.
• All participants submitting a photograph must choose one tour date to attend from the following list:
|• July 2||Toronto, ON|
|• July 3||London, ON|
|• July 5||Ottawa, ON|
|• July 6||Uncasville, CT|
|• July 8||Newark, NJ|
|• July 9||Wantagh, NY|
|• July 10||Mansfield, MA|
|• July 12||Fairfax, VA|
|• July 13||Philadelphia, PA|
|• July 14||Atlantic City, NJ|
|• July 16||Chicago, IL|
|• July 18||Morrison, CO|
|• July 21||San Francisco, CA|
|• July 22||Inglewood, CA|
|• July 23||Las Vegas, NV|
|• July 29||Vancouver, BC|
|• July 30||George, WA|
• Include your chosen concert date and city in the title of your submission (Title of image - concert date, city).
• Winners will be required to submit their photographs, of the show they attend, to Soundgarden within 24 hours after the show to ensure the winner's photographs can be featured in a timely manner on Soundgarden's official website and social networks.
• Soundgarden will instruct media to give proper photo credit should any of the winners' photography be used in the press.
• Soundgarden will negotiate fair compensation should Soundgarden use any of the winning photographers' work in commercially released product.
• Travel and accommodation will be the responsibility of each winner.
Like the iconic 60s and 70s bands which inspired them, Soundgarden redefined rock music for a whole generation and had a revolutionary impact on the course of musical history, while also leading trends in street style and graphic design.
Soundgarden’s roots go all the way back to 1984 and they celebrated their triumphant return to the live stage with the September 28th, 2010 release of Telephantasm, a career-spanning retrospective celebrating the band’s legacy and introducing their greatest work to a new generation. The album includes the previously unheard “Black Rain,” which also features on the soundtrack of Activision videogame Guitar Hero®: Warriors of Rock. Remixed from the sessions for 1991’s Badmotorfinger with new added vocals from Chris Cornell, the album reached platinum status on the day of release- a historic achievement for the first album ever bundled inside a video game. 2011 saw the band release their first ever live album entitled Live on I-5 – a reference to the Interstate 5 which runs up and down the West Coast- the new collection compiled live tracks from a 1996 run by the band and captures the band at the height of their recording and touring career. The recordings and mixing was done by Adam Kasper.
In April of 2011, Soundgarden announced their first tour in over 13 years, and announced to their fans that they were in the studio in Seattle working on new material. Soundgarden will tour North America in July 2011, and head back into the studio to finish their first new LP in over 15 years.
For full band information, go to:http://www.soundgardenworld.com/tour