Holy shit!! We were totally BLOWN AWAY by how many great entries we got in this contest! Thank you guys so much!! And everyone knows that this is coming, but it is SO TRUE that I have to say it - it was really really really really hard to choose winners. In fact, it was so hard, there is a chance that even if you didn't win one of the official prizes, you may be hearing from us about using your design for one of our shirts sometime in the future! For now, though, congratulations to the winners - you guys deserve it! Try not to get a sunburn while basking in the glory of your triumph. ~ Red Fang
|WHAT IT IS||
With songs that echo a solid, riff-heavy electric guitar and drum background, and vocals that remind you eerily of Black Sabbath, Red Fang is one of the newer bands on the heavy metal scene and already they've hit a wave. Their newest album, "Murder the Mountains", is produced by Chris Funk of the Decemberists, and they are touring this year at the Mayhem Festival with Megadeth, Godsmack and Disturbed. In battling that heavy mountain that Red Fang is crooning to murder, they are looking for a talented designer to create a t-shirt that's cohesive to their head-banging bass destruction.
If you think you can design a shirt as heavy in talent as Red Fang's musical abilities, submit your t-shirt design to get it produced and roll in some cash prizes!
|WHO IT’S FOR||Graphic designers, Illustrators|
|WHO IT’S FROM|
|HOW THE WINNER WILL BE CHOSEN||
Red Fang will choose the winner from all qualified submissions* with special consideration for the top voted entries.
*A qualified submission is one which meets all the Terms & Conditions and
|WHAT THE WINNER WILL GET||
* $500 cash (buy-out by IndieMerchstore for your design)
* $500 value of customized Zazzle merch-store w/ account management services
* $100 Zazzle gift certificate
* Featured for sale on IndieMerchStore and on the North America and Europe tour
* Opportunity to join Artsprojekt curated platform
* Red Fang T-Shirt
* Autographed 'Murder The Mountains' CD
* Wires 7" Single
* Red Fang limited edition art print
* 2 free tickets to a Red Fang show (exceptions if Relapse isn't in charge of show/booking; i.e. festivals, ext...)
Two runner-ups selected by Red Fang will each receive:
* $100 cash (buy out by IndieMerch and Relapse)
* Red Fang t-shirt
* Autographed Red Fang 'Murder the Mountains' CD
* Wires 7" Single
* Red Fang limited edition Art Print
|WHAT TO DO NEXT||
Click "Get Started"
|DATES TO REMEMBER||
Submission Deadline: August 9, 2011
Voting Starts: August 10, 2011
Voting Ends: August 17, 2011
Winner Announcement: August 25, 2011
• Participants must submit their designs in JPG, JPEG or PNG format
• Designs must be original
• Winning design will be purchased for $500 and the top two finalists designs will be purchased for $100 each.
• Design Copyright will be retained by Indie Merch and Relapse Records for winning designs only
|About Red Fang|
From Portland, Oregon, Red Fang's first two releases debuted in 2009 under the record label Sargent House. A formation between long time friends, Bryan Giles (Last of the Juanitas, Party Time), Aaron Beam (Dark forces, Lachrymator), David Sullivan (Party Time, facedowninshit, Shiny Beast) and John Sherman (Party Time, Bad Wizard, Trumans Water, All Night), Red Fang is a melodic collaboration of distorted bass, effortless instrumentation, and perfectly raspy vocals. Their latest opus, 'Murder The Mountains' was released to massive critical acclaim this April via Relapse Records.
Official site: www.redfang.net
Red Fang Images (for inspiration)