This opportunity is open to U.S. residents only (void where prohibited). No purchase necessary.
The AP Tour has been a staple within the alternative music community since 2007. With this year’s fall tour kicking off Oct. 16 in New Haven, CT and running through Nov. 24 in Cleveland, OH, AP is promising to bring the noise! Ohio metal heroes MISS MAY I will headline with main support from California heavy hitters THE GHOST INSIDE. In celebration of these acts and many more, AP Tour is extending the opportunity of a lifetime to aspiring photographers: submit your best live event photography for the chance to be selected as one of 32 photographers who will get exclusive access to photograph the tour in a city nearest to the winner’s location.
Each of the 32 winners will receive a photography pass for one date of the AP Tour to capture the show. Each winner will also receive:
Submit by: October 1, 2012
Vote: October 2, 2012 10am PST - October 8, 2012 10am PST
Winners Announced: October 12, 2012
Click 'Participate' to review the guidelines and submit your work.
Alternative Press will select from all qualified submissions with special consideration for the top voted entries. A qualified submission is one which meets all the Terms & Conditions, Guidelines and Official Rules.
October 16 - Toad's Place, New Haven, CT
October 17 – Irving Plaza, New York, NY
October 18 – Royale Night Club, Boston, MA
October 19 - Theatre Of The Living Arts, Philadelphia, PA
October 20 – Starland Ballroom, New Jersey, NJ
October 21 - The Recher Theatre, Balitmore, MD
October 23 - The Norva, Norfolk, VA
October 24 - Amo's Southend Music Hall, Charlotte, NC
October 25 - The Masquerade, Atlanta, GA
October 26 - State Theatre, Tampa, FL
October 27 – Revolution, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
October 28 – House of Blues, Orlando, FL
October 30 - House of Blues, Houston, TX
October 31 – House of Blues, Dallas, TX
November 1- Backstage Live, San Antonio, TX
November 3 – The Nile, Phoenix, AZ
November 4 – House of Blues, San Diego, CA
November 6 – House of Blues, Los Angeles, CA
November 7 – House of Blues, Anaheim, CA
November 8 - Ace of Spades, Sacramento, CA
November 9 – Hawthorne Theater, Portland, OR
November 10 - El Corazon, Seattle, WA
November 12 - In The Venue, Salt Lake City, UT
November 13 - Summit Music Hall, Denver, CO
November 15 – Station 4, Minneapolis, MN
November 16 – Pops, St. Louis, MO
November 17 – House of Blues, Chicago, IL
November 18 – Intersection, Grand Rapids, MI
November 20 - Altar Bar, Pittsburgh, PA
November 21 – Bogart’s, Cincinnati, OH
November 23 - St. Andrews Hall, Detroit, MI
November 24 – House of Blues, Cleveland, OH
The information below corresponds to the Official Rules that govern this Contest.
Entrant must be a legal resident of the 50 United States and District of Columbia.
Not withstanding the Terms and Conditions, this Contest is open to entrants age 16 years or older.
Contest: Alternative Press
Host Choice and Additional Winners:
Each of the 32 winners will receive a photography pass for one date of the AP Tour to capture the show. Each winner will also receive:
Highest Voted Winner:
Entry Period: September 6, 2012 to September 30, 2012
Voting Period: October 1, 2012 to October 8, 2012
Winner Announcement Date: October 12, 2012
OFFICIAL RULES (Print Version)
SEE SPECIFIC CONTEST SITE FOR ADDITIONAL CONTEST INFORMATION.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A purchase or payment will not improve your chances of winning. The entry period for the Contest described on each contest site (the “Contest Site”) shall begin and end on the dates and times set forth above and/or on each Contest Site (the "Entry Period"). The Contest is governed by these Official Rules and is subject to all applicable U.S. federal, state and local laws. Void where prohibited.
(a) The Work must be entrant’s own original work, created solely by entrant; must not have been previously published, released or distributed in any form; must not have won any award; and must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other personal or proprietary rights of any person or entity.
(b) Except as set forth on the Contest Site, the Work must not contain or reference any names, products or services of any company or entity or any third party trademarks, logos, trade dress or promotion of any brand, product or service.
(c) If any persons appear or are referred to in the Work, entrant is solely responsible for obtaining, prior to submitting entrant’s Work, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of the Work by Sponsor. If any person appearing in any Work is under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence, the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required on each release.
(d) Any Work that is lewd, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, disparaging, defamatory, libelous, obscene, or any Work that otherwise contains inappropriate content or objectionable material may not be submitted and may be removed at any time in Sponsor's sole and unfettered discretion.
(e) The Work must not contain any personally identifiable information of any person other than entrant. Should entrant include personally identifiable information about entrant in the Work, entrant acknowledges and agrees that such information will be disclosed publicly and entrant is solely responsible for any consequences thereof.
ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11:59 PM PST ON THE LAST DAY OF THE ENTRY PERIOD. Limit one (1) entry per person throughout the Entry Period. Entries by the same person in excess of the limits stated herein will be disqualified. Entries submitted will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Upon receipt, all submissions shall be licensed to Sponsor as set forth below and will not be acknowledged or returned.
The Prizes for the winner(s) are described above and/or on the Contest Site. No transfer, refund, cash redemption, substitution, cash equivalent or replacement of any prize by any winner is permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value (or cash equivalent). In the event the approximate retail value (“ARV”) of a prize is different from the actual retail value of that prize, the difference will not be awarded in cash. Applicable federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of winner. Any portion of the prize not accepted or unclaimed and/or unused by any winner will be forfeited and will not be substituted. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded.
4. Selection of Winners.
(a) “Host's Choice Winner” and “Additional Winner(s).” On or about the “Winner Selection Date” set forth above and/or on the Contest Site, the Host's Choice Winner and Additional Winner(s), if any, will be selected by the Sponsor-designated judges from among all eligible entries received on the basis of: (i) substance; (ii) creativity; and (iii) originality. Based on the above criteria, each of which will be given equal weight, the eligible entrant with the highest cumulative score will be selected as the Host's Choice Winner. If applicable, and as set forth on the Contest Site, the eligible entrant(s) with the next highest cumulative score(s) will be selected as Additional Winner(s). Odds of winning depend on the nature, quality and number of eligible entries received. Decisions of judges are final and cannot be appealed. In the event of a tie, the entrant involved in the tie with the highest combined creativity/originality score will be selected.
(b) “Highest Voted Winner.” After the conclusion of the Entry Period, all eligible entries will be displayed on the Contest Site during the Voting Period for public voting by the Talenthouse community on the basis of: (i) substance; (ii) creativity; and (iii) originality. Based on the above criteria, each of which shall be given equal weight, the top highest voted submission (the “Highest Voted Submission”) will be selected as the Highest Voted Winner. Odds of winning depend on the nature, quality and number of eligible entries received. Decisions of judges are final and cannot be appealed. In the event of a tie, the Highest Voted Submission with the highest combined creativity/originality score will be selected.
7. Grant of Rights. By entering the Contest, entrants irrevocably grant Sponsor, its subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, designees, clients, sponsors, licensees, and advertising and promotional agencies, an unlimited, worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, unconditional license and absolute right to edit, post, publish, store, copy, transmit, publicly display, and exhibit, the Work (in whole or in part) in connection with the Contest and/or the promotion of the Contest. Upon Sponsor's request, winners agree to sign any and all legal forms deemed necessary to license or assign all right, title and interest in and to the Work, including without limitation, all copyrights associated therewith, in exchange for the Prizes set forth above.
8. Representations and Warranties/Indemnification. By entering this Contest, entrants represent and warrant as follows: (i) the Work is entrant's own original work and was created solely by entrant for the purpose of entering the Contest, (ii) the Work, as of the date of submission, is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim, (iii) the Work has not been previously published, distributed or otherwise exploited, (iv) the Work does not and will not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other personal or proprietary rights of any person or entity, and (v) the Work does not and will not violate any applicable laws. Each entrant hereby agrees to indemnify and hold the Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, partners, representatives, agents, successors, subsidiaries, designees, clients, sponsors, licensees, assigns, employees, officers and directors harmless from and against any and all third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations or agreements of entrant hereunder. If Contest is open to minors, and if entrant is a minor in their jurisdiction of legal residence and is selected as a potential winner, prior to issuance of any prize, such minor entrant's parent or legal guardian will be required to acknowledge all of the foregoing in writing on the minor's behalf and will be required to further acknowledge that the minor and parent/legal guardian shall be bound thereby.
9. No Tampering, Right To Cancel, Modify. Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, designees, clients, sponsors, licensees, employees, officers and directors shall not have any obligation or responsibility, including any responsibility to award any prize to entrants, with regard to: (a) entries that contain inaccurate information or do not comply with or violate the Official Rules; (b) entries, prize claims or notifications that are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient, in whole or in part, due to computer, human or technical error of any kind; (c) entrants who have committed fraud or deception in entering or participating in the Contest or claiming the prize; (d) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (e) any inability of the winner to accept the prize for any reason; (f) if a prize cannot be awarded due to delays or interruptions due to Acts of God, natural disasters, terrorism, weather or any other similar event beyond Sponsor's reasonable control; or (g) any damages, injuries or losses of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from awarding, acceptance, possession, use, misuse, loss or misdirection of any prize or resulting from participating in the Contest or any promotion or prize related activities. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be: (a) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, or with any website promoting the Contest; (b) acting in violation of the Official Rules; or (c) entering or attempting to enter the Contest multiple times through the use of multiple e-mail addresses or the use of any robotic or automated devices to submit entries. If Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that technical difficulties or unforeseen events compromise the integrity or viability of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right to void the entries at issue, and/or terminate the relevant portion of the Contest promotion, including the entire Contest promotion, and/or modify the Contest and/or award the prize based upon the criteria set forth in these Official Rules from all eligible entries received as of the termination date.
10. Release of Liability; Disclaimer of Warranty; Forum Selection Clause. By participating in the Contest, entrants and winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, designees, clients, sponsors, licensees, employees, officers and directors (the "Released Parties"), from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever, including without limitation, property damage, personal injury (including emotional distress), and/or death, which may occur in connection with preparation for, or participation in, the Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of the prize or participation in any Contest-related or prize-related activity and for any claims or causes of action based on publicity rights, copyright, trademark, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. The Released Parties assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to entrants or to any other person's computer, regardless of how caused, relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials or software in connection with this Contest. Entrants and winners acknowledge that Sponsor has neither made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representations or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize or any component thereof, including, but not limited to, express warranties provided by the supplier of the prize (or any component thereof) or their affiliates. Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant or Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California. In addition, any dispute relating to the Contest (including these Official Rules) shall be brought in the appropriate state or federal court having jurisdiction over the subject matter located in Los Angeles County, State of California. Entrants hereby irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction of said courts and waive any claim of forum non conveniens or lack of personal jurisdiction they may have.
11. Sponsor: Talenthouse, Inc., 542 High St., Palo Alto, CA 94301.
12. Winner List. To obtain a copy of a winner list for a specific Contest, available after the Winner Notification Date, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Sponsor, with the specific Contest Name, to Sponsor within thirty (30) days after the Winner Notification Date.