"We're looking for photographers who can tell the world about Wayne's shows through their photos. Until you have seen a show, you would not believe the energy, the crowd participation and interaction between Wayne and the fans. Good luck!"- Live Nation
This opportunity is open to residents in the European Union
In celebration of the European leg of his tour, Lil Wayne is inviting aspiring photographers to submit their finest high energy live event photograph for the chance to be selected as one of fourteen winners to each photograph Lil Wayne on his tour, in a city nearest to the winner's location.
Fresh off the release of his new album, I Am Not a Human Being II and his highly successful US Tour, Lil Wayne is rested, recovered and back on the road again. He begins his fourteen date European tour alongside Pittsburgh-MC Mac Miller on October 9th 2013.
Fourteen winners will each receive a press photography pass to photograph Lil Wayne on one of the fourteen dates of his and Mac Miller's tour in Europe in October 2013*. In addition, the winners will each receive:
We respect the opinion of the public and the highest voted will certainly catch our eye. The highest-voted will receive one pair of Lil Wayne tickets and Supra sneakers, as part of his Spectre and Chimera lines.
*€100 travel expenses for each winner
Submit by: September 23, 2013
Vote: September 24, 2013 - October 1, 2013
Winner(s) Announced: October 2, 2013
All phases of this Creative Invite will take place at 6pm GMT / 10am PST.
Click 'Participate' to review the guidelines and submit your work.
Lil Wayne will select from all qualified submissions with special consideration for the top voted entries. A qualified submission is one which meets all the Terms & Conditions, Guidelines and Official Rules.
Read more about how it works here
The information below corresponds to the Official Rules that govern this Contest.
Not withstanding the Terms and Conditions, this contest is only open to entrants aged 18 and within the European Union. If you are from outside the European Union and enter this contest, you understand you are not eligable for prizing.
Contest: Photograph for Lil Wayne
Work: Submit a photograph of a live event
Host Choice and Additional Winners:
Fourteen winners will each receive a press photography pass to photograph Lil Wayne on one of the fourteen dates of his and Mac Miller's tour in Europe in October 2013. In addition, the winners will each receive:
Entry Period: September 3, 2013 - September 23, 2013
Voting Period: September 24, 2013 - October 1, 2013
Winner Announcement Date: October 2, 2013
OFFICIAL RULES (Print Version)
SEE SPECIFIC CONTEST SITE FOR ADDITIONAL CONTEST INFORMATION.
Not withstanding the Terms and Conditions, this contest is only open to entrants aged 18 and residents of the EU.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A purchase or payment will not improve your chances of winning. The entry period for the Contest described on each contest site (the “Contest Site”) shall begin and end on the dates and times set forth above and/or on each Contest Site (the "Entry Period"). The Contest is governed by these Official Rules and is subject to all applicable EU laws. Void where prohibited.
(a) The Work must be the Entrant’s own original work, created solely by the Entrant; must not have been previously published, released or distributed in any form; must not have won any award; and must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other personal or proprietary rights of any person or entity.
(b) Except as set out on the Contest Site, the Work must not contain or reference any names, products or services of any company or entity or any third party trademarks, logos, trade dress or promotion of any brand, product or service.
(c) If any persons appear or are referred to in the Work, the Entrant is solely responsible for obtaining, prior to submitting his/her Work, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of the Work by Sponsor. If any person appearing in any Work is under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence, the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required on each release.
(d) Any Work that is lewd, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, disparaging, defamatory, libelous, obscene, or any Work that otherwise contains inappropriate content or objectionable material may not be submitted and may be removed at any time in Sponsor's sole and unfettered discretion.
(e) The Work must not contain any personally identifiable information of any person other than the Entrant. If the Entrant includes personally identifiable information about themselves in the Work, the Entrant acknowledges and agrees that such information will be disclosed publicly and Entrant is solely responsible for any consequences of that.
(f) Entrant may not be, nor may the Entrant work with parties in conjunction with the Work who are):
(i) Represented under contract (e.g., by a talent agent or manager) that would limit or impair Sponsor’s ability to display the Entrant’s Work in any media form;
ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 18:00 PM GMT (GREENWICH MEAN TIME) ON THE LAST DAY OF THE ENTRY PERIOD.
An eligible person is only permitted to make one (1) entry to the Content throughout the Entry Period.
Entries by the same person in excess of the limits stated in these Terms and Conditions will be disqualified. Entries submitted will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry.
"Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
Upon receipt, all submissions shall be licensed to Sponsor as set out below and will not be acknowledged or returned.
The Prizes for the winner(s) are described above and/or on the Contest Site. No transfer, refund, cash redemption, substitution, cash equivalent or replacement of any prize by any winner is permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value (or cash equivalent).
If the approximate retail value (“ARV”) of a prize is different from the actual retail value of that prize, the difference will not be awarded in cash. Applicable federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of winner. Any portion of the prize not accepted or unclaimed and/or unused by any winner will be forfeited and will not be substituted. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded.
4. Selection of Winners.
(a) “Host's Choice Winner” and “Additional Winner(s).” On or about the “Winner Selection Date” set out above and/or on the Contest Site, the Host's Choice Winner and Additional Winner(s), if any, will be selected by the Sponsor-designated judges from among all eligible entries received on the basis of: (i) substance; (ii) creativity; and (iii) originality. Based on the above criteria, each of which will be given equal weight, the eligible Entrant with the highest cumulative score will be selected as the Host's Choice Winner. If applicable, and as set out on the Contest Site, the eligible Entrant(s) with the next highest cumulative score(s) will be selected as Additional Winner(s). The odds of winning depend on the nature, quality and number of eligible entries received. Decisions of judges are final and cannot be appealed. In the event of a tie, the Entrant involved in the tie with the highest combined creativity/originality score will be selected.
(b) “Highest Voted Winner.” After the conclusion of the Entry Period, all eligible entries will be displayed on the Contest Site during the Voting Period for public voting by the Talenthouse community on the basis of: (i) substance; (ii) creativity; and (iii) originality. Based on the above criteria, each of which shall be given equal weight, the top highest voted submission (the “Highest Voted Submission”) will be selected as the Highest Voted Winner. Odds of winning depend on the nature, quality and number of eligible entries received. Decisions of judges are final and cannot be appealed. In the event of a tie, the Highest Voted Submission with the highest combined creativity/originality score will be selected.
7. Grant of Rights. By entering the Contest, Entrants irrevocably grant Sponsor, its subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, designees, clients, sponsors, licensees, and advertising and promotional agencies, an unlimited, worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, unconditional license and absolute right to edit, post, publish, store, copy, transmit, publicly display, and exhibit the Work (in whole or in part) in connection with the Contest and/or the promotion of the Contest. Upon Sponsor's request, winners agree to sign all legal forms deemed necessary to license or assign all right, title and interest in and to the Work, including without limitation, all copyrights associated with it, in exchange for the Prizes set out above.
8. Representations and Warranties/Indemnification. By entering this Contest, Entrants represent and warrant as follows: (i) the Work is Entrant's own original work and was created solely by Entrant for the purpose of entering the Contest, (ii) the Work, as of the date of submission, is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim, (iii) the Work has not been previously published, distributed or otherwise exploited, (iv) the Work does not and will not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other personal or proprietary rights of any person or entity, and (v) the Work does not and will not violate any applicable laws. (vi) Each Entrant hereby agrees to indemnify and hold the Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, partners, representatives, agents, successors, subsidiaries, designees, clients, sponsors, licensees, assigns, employees, officers and directors harmless from and against any and all third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations or agreements of Entrant under these Terms and Conditions. If Contest is open to minors, and if Entrant is a minor in their jurisdiction of legal residence and is selected as a potential winner, prior to issuance of any prize, such minor Entrant's parent or legal guardian will be required to acknowledge all of the foregoing in writing on the minor's behalf and will be required to further acknowledge that the minor and parent/legal guardian shall be bound thereby.
9. No Tampering, Right To Cancel, Modify. Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, designees, clients, sponsors, licensees, employees, officers and directors shall not have any obligation or responsibility, including any responsibility to award any prize to Entrants, with regard to: (a) entries that contain inaccurate information or do not comply with or violate the Official Rules; (b) entries, prize claims or notifications that are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient, in whole or in part, due to computer, human or technical error of any kind; (c) Entrants who have committed fraud or deception in entering or participating in the Contest or claiming the prize; (d) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (e) any inability of the winner to accept the prize for any reason; (f) if a prize cannot be awarded due to delays or interruptions due to Acts of God, natural disasters, terrorism, weather or any other similar event beyond Sponsor's reasonable control; or any damages, injuries or losses of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from awarding, acceptance, possession, use, misuse, loss or misdirection of any prize or resulting from participating in the Contest or any promotion or prize related activities. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be: (a) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, or with any website promoting the Contest; (b) acting in violation of the Official Rules; or (c) entering or attempting to enter the Contest multiple times through the use of multiple e-mail addresses or the use of any robotic or automated devices to submit entries. If Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that technical difficulties or unforeseen events compromise the integrity or viability of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right to void the entries at issue, and/or terminate the relevant portion of the Contest promotion, including the entire Contest promotion, and/or modify the Contest and/or award the prize based upon the criteria set out in these Official Rules from all eligible entries received as of the termination date.
10. Release of Liability; Disclaimer of Warranty; Forum Selection Clause. By participating in the Contest, Entrants and winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, designees, clients, sponsors, licensees, employees, officers and directors (the "Released Parties"), from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever, including without limitation, property damage, emotional distress, but excluding personal injury and/or death, which may occur in connection with preparation for or participation in, the Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of the prize or participation in any Contest-related or prize-related activity and for any claims or causes of action based on publicity rights, copyright, trademark, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. The Released Parties assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to Entrants as described above or to any other person's computer, regardless of how caused, relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials or software in connection with this Contest. Entrants and winners acknowledge that Sponsor has neither made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representations or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize or any component thereof, including, but not limited to, express warranties provided by the supplier of the prize (or any component thereof) or their affiliates. Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrant or Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the European Union, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules which would cause the application of the laws of the European Unionan jurisdiction other than the European Union. In addition, any dispute relating to the Contest (including these Official Rules) shall be brought in the appropriate state or federal court having jurisdiction over the subject matter located in the European Union. Entrants hereby irrevocably consent to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the European Union court.
11. Sponsor: Live Nation, Regent Arcade House, Argyll Street London, W1F 7TS, United Kingdom.
12. Promoter: Talenthouse, Inc., 8810 Melrose Ave, West Hollywood, CA 90069.
13. As used in these rules, the term “Sponsor” also references and includes “Promoter”.
14. Winner List. To obtain a copy of a winner list for a specific Contest, available after the Winner Notification Date, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Sponsor, with the specific Contest Name, to Promoter within thirty (30) days after the Winner Notification Date.