Iconic singer and songwriter Chris Cornell of Soundgarden, Audioslave and Temple of The Dog is taking his critically acclaimed 'Songbook' solo tour on the road this Fall in the US and is looking for new talent to help capture the energy and feel of these unique acoustic shows. Chris is inviting you to submit your most creative concert photograph for the chance to help document the legendary tour which reinterprets music from Chris's entire career. One photographer will be chosen for each of the 21 selected dates of the 'Songbook' tour.
Each of the 21 winners will receive a photography pass for one date of Chris Cornell's 2011 tour to photograph Chris live on stage. Travel and accommodation is the responsibility of the winners. The 21 winners will have their photographs from the concert featured in a gallery on Chris Cornell's social media channels and chriscornell.com. In addition, each winner will receive a signed set list from the concert they attend.
The highest voted photographer for each tour date will receive two tickets to their selected concert (dates outlined in the Guidelines).
Submit by: November 2, 2011
Vote: November 3, 2011 - November 8, 2011
Winner(s) Announced: November 14, 2011
Click 'Get Started' to review the guidelines and submit your work.
The host will choose the winner(s) from all qualified submissions with special consideration for the top voted entries. A qualified submission is one which meets all the Terms & Conditions, Guidelines and Official Rules.
• Participants must submit one photograph of a concert in JPEG or PNG, Max Size 5MB
• Photography submitted must be original (meaning not using third party copyright materials) but can be pre-existing or created especially for this opportunity
• Participants must include the date, city and state of the concert they wish to attend in the title of their submission, for example: Dec 15 - San Francisco, CA
All participants must choose one tour date to attend from the following list:
Nov 17 - Albany, NY - The Hart Theatre at The Egg
Nov 18 - Ridgefield, CT - The Ridgefield Playhouse
Nov 19 - Torrington, CT - Warner Theatre
Nov 21 - New York, NY - Carnegie Hall
Nov 22 - Red Bank, NJ - Count Basie Theatre
Nov 23 - Allentown, PA - Symphony Hall
Nov 25 - Atlantic City, NJ - Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa
Nov 26 - Atlantic City, NJ - Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa
Nov 29 - Burlington, VT - Flynn Center For The Performing Arts
Nov 30 - Poughkeepsie, NY - Bardavon
Dec 2 - Pittsburgh, PA - Carnegie Music Hall of Oakland
Dec 3 - Lakewood, OH - Lakewood Civic Center
Dec 4 - Ann Arbor, MI - Michigan Theater
Dec 6 - Kalamazoo, MI - Kalamazoo State Theatre
Dec 7 - Indianapolis, IN - Egyptian Room
Dec 8 - Louisville, KY - Brown Theatre
Dec 10 - Salina, KS - Steifel Theatre For The Performing Arts
Dec 13 - Mesa, AZ - Mesa Arts Center - Ikeda Theatre
Dec 15 - San Francisco, CA - Palace of Fine Arts Theatre
Dec 16 - Los Angeles, CA - Orpheum Theatre
Dec 17 - San Diego, CA - Balboa Theatre
• Winners will be required to submit their photographs of the showthey attend to Chris Cornell's representatives within 24 hours afterthe show to ensure the photographs can be featured in a timely manneron Chris Cornell's website and social networks.
• Winners grant all ownership and copyright of all photographs at therespective Chris Cornell performance to Chris Cornell.
• Chris Cornell's representatives will instruct media to give properphoto credit should any of the winners' photographs be used by media.
• Chris Cornell's representatives will negotiate fair compensationshould Chris Cornell use any of the winning photographers' works incommercially released product.
• Travel and accommodation to the respective show will be theresponsibility of each winner.