It was surprising to receive 80 submissions in the first competition held in partnership with Real Studio, Talenthouse and Orbitato. Always hard to choose one among so many, but here are the results.
- Orbitato + Real Studio
Orbitato, the Brazilian Design, Fashion and Architecture Institute, one of the most respected research Instituitions in Latin America, is holding, in November 19th, the event IDENTIDADE E COTIDIANO, with the presence of the designers Marcelo Rosenbaum, Ronaldo Fraga and Carlos Perrone. Orbitato is inviting textile Designers to draw a pattern to be applied in fabric that will be used as wallpaper. The fabric will be produced by Real Estdio + Orbitato, within the theme Identidade e Cotidiano.
• The first place will be given the value of U$550 (original amount R$1,000.00 Brazilian Reals) + two invitations to partake in talks with Ronaldo Fraga, Marcelo Rosenbaum and Charles Perrone + sample of your design produced by the Real Estúdio self-adhesive wall decoration. And yet, visit Orbitato and monitoring of both the production of their sample, the Royal Studio on 17 and 18/11.
• Winner is responsable for travel, lodging and other expenses.
• The three most voted projects will get an invitation to attend the lectures of Ronaldo Fraga, Marcelo Rosenbaum and Charles Perrone, on 19/11, in the event Identity and Everyday Life.
• All other participants in the award-winning will get discount tickets.
• Winners are responsable for travel, lodging and other expenses.
Submit by: October 31, 2011
Vote: November 1, 2011 - November 7, 2011
Winner(s) Announced: Novembro 10, 2011
Click 'Get Started' to review the guidelines and submit your work.
The host will choose the winner(s) from all qualified submissions with special consideration for the top voted entries. A qualified submission is one which meets all the Terms & Conditions, Guidelines and Official Rules.
• The stamp will be applied in self-adhesive fabric for surfaces.
• Each participant should send only one file in JPEG or PNG.
• Each candidate must compete with a pattern inspired by the theme Identity and Everyday Life.
• The design submitted must be original / copyright and must have never been used in any other commercial medium.
• The pattern has no limits in color and must have rapport at 70 cm width X height (undefined).
• The file must be sent with rapport set, complete with pattern, unity and repetition.
• The 10 most voted projects will be submitted to a panel of professionals invited by Orbitato+Real Estúdio. This jury will choose one winning project.
• In order to be chosen as the winner or one of the runners-up, the selected finalists shall grant ownership of all rights in and to the intellectual property to the winning submission to Orbitato and Real Estúdio. This transfer will be arranged directly between Orbitato and Real Estúdio and the finalists.
• Real Estúdio and Orbitato have the right, but not the obligation, to use the submission of the winner.
• The winner shall receive written authorization from Orbitato and Real Estúdio, if he/she wants to use their submission to any purpose other than portfolio.
• Real Estúdio and Orbitato will put effort in examining any vehicle of media regarding the attribution of proper credits to the winner, if the winning design is used in the media.
• The name or likeness of Orbitato and Real Estúdio shall not be used in any manner other than for promotional or marketing purposes related to the submissions.
• Anyone over the age of 18 who has knowledge about textile design languages may participate in this Creative Invite.
• The jury chosen to select the winner shall remain impartial in case one of their students decides to participate in this Creative Invite.
• The following criteria will be considered in selecting the winning design: creativity expressed in the theme, quality and pace of rapport languages and creation, and proper use of the technical potential of equipment.