I love fashion, creativity and designing my own outfits. I can’t wait to see what people come up with. I think it’s really important to support creative individuals and the future names of tomorrow. I’m passionate about animal welfare and everything I wear always holds true to this - we want to find the next Stella McCartney out there I’m really happy to be teaming up with Talenthouse to make this special competition work. Good luck everybody. ~Leona Lewis
Leona Lewis first took audiences' breaths away when she appeared on the UK X Factor in 2006 where she was later announced as the winner of the third series. In that time, Leona has become a multi-platinum selling artist, three time Grammy Award nominee and one of the most in demand singers in the world.
Leona now has her hands in the design realm and is inviting artists to submit an outfit design that will be created for Leona to wear at a major upcoming performance, which will be seen by millions. True to her compassion and support for animals, Leona has requested that all designs be ethically friendly. The winner will be personally selected by Leona and Jo Elvin, UK Glamour Editor and William Tempest, fashion designer.
One winner will work collaboratively with Leona and a professional team, who will create and finalise the winning design for Leona to wear at a major upcoming performance. The dress will then be auctioned for charity*. The winner will also receive:
- Global exposure by having their design promoted across Leona's official website and social media channels
- A professional photograph of Leona wearing the outfit for their portfolio
Two runners-up (as selected by Leona) will have their designs featured across Leona's official website and social media channels. In addition they will each receive $350.
*All proceeds will be donated to Hopefield Animal Sanctuary
The two highest voted artists will have their designs featured across Leona Lewis' official website and social media channels. In addition they will each receive $350.
Submit by: November 17, 2011 (10am PST, USA)
Vote: November 18, 2011 (10am PST, USA) - November 23, 2011 (10am PST, USA)
Winner(s) Announced: December 1, 2011 (10am PST, USA)
Click 'Get Started' to review the guidelines and submit your work.
The host will choose the winner(s) from all qualified submissions with special consideration for the top voted entries. A qualified submission is one which meets all the Terms & Conditions, Guidelines and Official Rules.
• Designs must not require any leather or any other materials derived from animals for the finalised outfit, i.e. must be animal friendly
• Participants should retain their original artwork files but designs must be submitted in JPEG or PNG, Max Size 5MB.
• The winning design may be modified to accommodate production requirements
• Design must be original (meaning not using third party pre-existing copyright materials).