|WHAT IT IS||
John Lewis, UK’s favourite department store is inviting designers to unleash their creativity and design a case for an iPhone and iPad for the chance to be sold exclusively in John Lewis stores and on their website. Designers have complete creative control when designing their case - imagination is encouraged for shape, colour and form of the case and there are no boundaries.
|WHO IT’S FOR||All designers|
|WHO IT’S FROM||
|HOW THE WINNER WILL BE CHOSEN||
John Lewis will choose the winner from all qualified submissions* with special consideration for the top voted entries.
*A qualified submission is one which meets all the Terms & Conditions, Guidelines and Official Rules
|WHAT THE WINNER WILL GET||
One winner will have their design created into a case for an iPhone and iPad which will be sold in select John Lewis stores in the United Kingdom and on johnlewis.com. The designer will also receive 5% of the royalties for the entirety of the products’ duration in John Lewis stores and on their official website. In addition, the winner will be invited to attend the product launch at a John Lewis store in London where they will receive full credit for their design. Travel and two nights’ accommodation will be provided.
The two highest voted submissions will each receive £100 worth of John Lewis vouchers to be used in store or on their website and will receive full credit at the product launch.
|WHAT TO DO NEXT||
Click “Get Started”
|DATES TO REMEMBER||
Submission Deadline: August 31, 2011
Voting Starts: September 1, 2011
Voting Ends: September 7, 2011
Winner Announcement: September 14, 2011
• Participants must submit only one design to be used for an iPhone and iPad case.
• Design must be original and participants have complete creative control
• Participants are encouraged to use the provided iPhone and/or iPad template(s) but it is not mandatory.
• Participants who submit their one design for both iPhone and iPad must submit their file as one image.
• Design must be submitted in JPEG or PNG format.
• Participants may print the template, photograph or scan in their design.
• Travel from the winner's nearest capital city and two nights’ accommodation for one winner in London will be provided.
• Curated Designs, LLC (on behalf of John Lewis) shall purchase the winning submission by giving consideration of 5% net profits for the life of the product. In order to be chosen as the winner, the selected finalist shall grant ownership of all rights in and to the intellectual property in the winning submission to Curated Designs, LLC in consideration of the 5% net profits being offered. This transfer and subsequent royalty payment will be arranged directly between Curated Designs, LLC and the winner.
• The winner must receive written approval, in advance, from Curated Designs, LLC to publish or sell the winning submission, or use it in any manner other than for promotional purposes.
• The two highest voted submissions will each receive full credit and John Lewis vouchers (at the value of £100). Vouchers may be used in all John Lewis stores across the United Kingdom and on their website johnlewis.com
"John Lewis is thrilled to announce its partnership with Talenthouse. We are excited to be part of judging this competition and are passionate about supporting emerging and upcoming talent"
|About John Lewis|
John Lewis began in 1864 with the opening of the first shop in London's Oxford Street. With an ambitious vision of co-ownership, and of how a business could put the happiness of its employees at the heart of everything it did, and profit by it, John Spedan Lewis left a radical mark on commercial history. Now the largest retailer in the UK with 32 branches and a growing on line presence, The John Spedan Lewis way is as alive today as it was 80 years ago.