|WHAT IT IS||James Morrison, one of the most cherished and invigorating young songwriters today has earned worldwide success for his international hits “You Give Me Something” and “Undiscovered.” In celebration of his soon-to-be-launched album “The Awakening”, James is inviting artists to submit their photograph of an event for the chance to photograph him at his performance at the o2 Shepherd’s Bush Empire in London. The winner will receive global exposure by having their photographs featured and promoted on James’ social media channels and in addition will receive $1000.
|WHO IT’S FOR||Photographers|
|WHO IT’S FROM|
|HOW THE WINNER WILL BE CHOSEN||
James Morrison will choose the winner from all qualified submissions* with special consideration for the top voted entries.
|WHAT THE WINNER WILL GET||
One winner will receive VIP access to James Morrison’s concert in London to photograph the singer during his live performance. Photographs from the event will be featured on James’ official website and his social media channels providing global recognition for the winner. In addition the winner will meet James backstage and will receive $1000. Travel and two nights’ accommodation in London will be provided.
The five highest voted artists will each receive exclusive James Morrison merchandise including a signed album and will share a prize pool of $500.
|WHAT TO DO NEXT||
Click “Get Started”
|DATES TO REMEMBER||
Submission Deadline: October 10, 2011
Voting Starts: October 11, 2011
Voting Ends: October 17, 2011
Winner Announcement: November 1, 2011
• Participants must submit one photograph in JPEG or PNG, Max Size 5MB
• Participants must submit a photograph of an event
• Photography submitted must be original but can be pre-existing or created especially for this opportunity
• The winner will be invited to photograph James Morrison at his show in London on November 7, 2011. Travel and two nights' accommodation will be provided.
• The winner shall grant ownership of all rights in and to the intellectual property to the winning submission and to the photos taken at the show on November 7, 2011 to James Morrison in consideration of the US $1,000 prize monies being offered. This transfer will be arranged directly between James Morrison's representatives and the winner.
|About James Morrison|
James Morrisons first two albums – Undiscovered (2006) and Songs for You, Truths for Me (2008) – have sold a combined total of 4.5m copies and yielded an astonishing ten singles, including You Give Me Something, Wonderful World, The Pieces Don’t Fit Anymore and the global smash Broken Strings, featuring Nelly Furtado. The Awakening is the sound of an artist coming of age in his most accomplished collection of songs yet. The album produced by Bernard Butler features Jessie J on future single ‘Up’.
For more information visit: jamesmorrisonmusic.com