FASHION WEEK LAS VEGAS EMERGING DESIGNER COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. By entering the Competition You hereby accept these Competition Rules and the Terms and Conditions.
1.1. The application fee is $0.00 (US) to enter the competition thru Talent House .com .
1.2. Designers may submit an application for each category; each submission will require a separate application form to be submitted (if you are shortlisted).
1.3. The Competition is open to all members of the public.
2. If selected as a winner, You must send your images to FWLV at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
2.1. Designers are to submit their own original designs, designer biography, and head shot, photos of the actual designs required, sketches are not sufficient for the submittal
2.2. Designers must have minimum 15 pieces in their collection
2.3. Designer must have been in business for one (1) year minimum, but less than three (3) years continually, designing collections with a minimum of two (2) collections per year
2.4. Each entrant must submit images of three designs.
2.5. Images must be taken within 1 year of the competition.
3. Entries will be judged between 15 June 2013 and 21 June 2013.
3.1. Each category shall have one (1) winner
3.2. The winners will be announced at the end of Fashion Week. AUGUST 2013
3.3. The decision of FWLV is final and no negotiation will be entered into with respect to any such decision.
3.4. Top designers in each category will be chosen for the AUGUST 2013 Runway Show at International will receive a complimentary Designer Sponsorship Package from FWLV. This sponsorship will include airfare and hotel accommodations for DESIGNER ONLY. FWLV will have discounted hotel rates available if you have a need for additional rooms for your team.
4.FWLV reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and remove any entry that does not comply with the following requirements, even after the entry is submitted. You warrant and represent, in respect of each entry submitted by You (“Entry”), as follows:
4.1. You are the sole designer and author of each Entry
4.2. You have the right to make Your Entry available to the Competition
4.3. Each Entry does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, contract rights, or any other intellectual property rights of any third person or entity, or violate any person’s rights of privacy or publicity, and Your Entry does not include:
4.3.1. trademarks owned by third parties
4.3.2. copyrighted materials owned by third parties
4.4. You agree to fully indemnify FWLV in respect of all royalties, fees and any other monies owing to any person by reason of Your breaching any of the foregoing
5. Applicants who are under 18 years of age must be prepared to have an adult accompany them to Las Vegas at their own expense.
6. FWLV recognizes you, the author of the design, retain full ownership of the copyright in each Entry.
6.1. All entrants understand that any design submitted to the competition may be used by FWLV, and its Event Partners, for marketing and promotional purposes of the event only, for a maximum of three years after the award. You hereby grant FWLV a non-exclusive, irrevocable license in each Entry throughout the world for three years in all media for any use connected to the promotion of the FWLV event and/or competition, including, but not limited to:
(a) judging the Competition
(b) displaying the winning entries and runners up at public exhibitions promoting FWLV and organized by FWLV
(c) inclusion within the Website, magazine or similar
(d) inclusion within any materials promoting of the Competition and / or any exhibition organized by FWLV, in the promotion of the FWLV
(e) inclusion on Competition- and exhibition-related products to be sold by the FWLV or any third party following the individual agreement by the author
(f) sub-licensing the Entries to the press for reproduction in connection with the Competition and any exhibition
(g) allowing viewers of the Website to view images on a computer screen, PDA or mobile telephone and store such pages in electronic form on disk or on a PDA or mobile telephone (but not on any server or other storage device connected to a network) for their personal, non-commercial use only. Please also refer to clause 8.
7. Any design used by FWLV shall carry a credit line. Any failure to provide such credit line shall not be deemed to be a breach, as long as FWLV uses its reasonable endeavors to rectify such failure within a reasonable period from the date of notice of such failure.
8. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility for protecting any Entry against image misuse by any third party, for example, but not limited to the insertion of a watermark. FWLV and its Event Partners assume no responsibility and are not liable for any image misuse.
9. FWLV assumes no responsibility for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Competition, and FWLV assumes no responsibility for technical, hardware or software failure of any kind, for lost network connections, garbled computer transmissions, other problems or technical malfunctions with regard to the Competition. FWLV assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, corruption, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of Entries. FWLV is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail addressed to FWLV on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the internet or any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Your or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Competition. If for any reason a contestant’s entry cannot be viewed or is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failures, FWLV assumes no responsibility.
10. In no event will FWLV, its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and related companies, Event Partners, its advertising or promotion agencies, or its officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives or agents be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special or punitive damages arising out of any contestant’s access to and use of the Website. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, everything on the Website is provided "as is", without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for purpose or use or non-infringement.
11.You agree to participate in related publicity and to the use of your name and likeness for the purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity without additional compensation.
12. There are no cash alternatives OR Transfer of name for travel for airline tickets, to redeem the prize. Prize winners will be the designer that entered the competition.
13. Winners will be announced online.