This opportunity is open to U.S. residents only. No purchase necessary.
International music sensation Pitbull has teamed up with Dr Pepper to find a new remix that is truly one of a kind. Renowned equally as an international style icon and globetrotting entertainer, Mr. Worldwide, Pitbull is looking for a track that can ignite the nightlife from Miami to Milan. In true “always one of a kind” Dr Pepper spirit, you are invited to put your own spin on the latest Pitbull megahit "Don't Stop the Party" that showcases your unique individual flavor.
The entries will be judged and ultimately selected by Dr Pepper and Pitbull. The winner will share their remix with the world when they are invited to perform at a private party for Premios Juventud in Miami, FL.
One winner will have the opportunity to open for Pitbull and perform at Dr Pepper's private concert in July 2013 in Miami, FL. In addition, the winner will receive travel and two night's accommodation in Miami, FL.
The three highest voted artists will each receive:
• Travel and two nights' accommodation (for two) in Miami
• Two tickets to the Dr Pepper private concert
• Two VIP passes to the Premios Juventud award show on July 18, 2013
Launch: April 23, 2013
Submit by: June 18, 2013
Vote: June 19, 2013 - June 26, 2013
Winner(s) Announced: July 10, 2013
All phases have a deadline of 10am PST
Click 'Participate' to review the guidelines and submit your work.
Dr Pepper and Pitbull will select from all qualified submissions with special consideration for the top voted entries. A qualified submission is one which meets all the Terms & Conditions, Guidelines and Official Rules.
SEE CONTEST SITE FOR ADDITIONAL CONTEST INFORMATION.
INTERNET AND EMAIL REQUIRED. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID OUTSIDE ELIGIBLE STATES AND WHERE PROHIBITED. PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE CHANCE OF WINNING. GOVERNED BY LAWS OF THE STATE OF TEXAS. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
THIS PROMOTION IS NOT SPONSORED BY FACEBOOK AND FACEBOOK DOES NOT ADMINISTER THE PROMOTION SITES.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROMOTION, YOU ARE PROVIDING YOUR INFORMATION TO SPONSOR AND/OR THE ACCOUNTS AS PROVIDED BELOW, AND NOT TO FACEBOOK. IN ADDITION, BY PARTICIPATING YOU AGREE TO ALLOW FACEBOOK TO PROVIDE SPONSOR AND/OR THE ACCOUNTS ACCESS TO CERTAIN OF YOUR FACEBOOK ACCOUNT INFORMATION.
Promotion: 2013 Dr Pepper Mi Mix DJ Contest (the “Promotion”)21
Sponsor: Talenthouse, Inc., 8810 Melrose Avenue, West Hollywood, CA 90069
Administrator: Talenthouse, Inc., 8810 Melrose Avenue, West Hollywood, CA 90069
Eligible States: 50 United States and District of Columbia
Minimum Age: Must be at least 18 or older at time of participation
Start Date: 10:00am Pacific Time (“PT”) April 23, 2013
End Date: 10:00am Pacific Time (“PT”), June 8, 2013
Entry Receipt Deadline: 10:00am Pacific Time (“PT”) , June 8, 2013
Promotion Period: Start Date through End Date
Voting Dates: June 8, 2013 – June 14, 2013
Winners List Request Deadline: July 31, 2013
(a) The Work must be entrant’s own original work, created solely by entrant with the exception of any audio materials provided on the Contest site, including, but not limited to, audio stems of the single “Don’t Stop the Party” as performed by the artist known as Pitbull (herein referred to as “SME Content”); must not have been previously published, released or distributed in any form; must not have won any award; and must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other personal or proprietary rights of any person or entity.
(b) Except as set forth on the Contest Site, the Work must not contain or reference any names, products or services of any company or entity or any third party trademarks, logos, trade dress or promotion of any brand, product or service.
(c) If any persons appear or are referred to in the Work, entrant is solely responsible for obtaining, prior to submitting entrant’s Work, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of the Work by Sponsor. If any person appearing in any Work is under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence, the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required on each release.
(d) Any Work that is lewd, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, disparaging, defamatory, libelous, obscene, or any Work that otherwise contains inappropriate content or objectionable material may not be submitted and may be removed at any time in Sponsor's sole and unfettered discretion.
(e) The Work must not contain any personally identifiable information of any person other than entrant. Should entrant include personally identifiable information about entrant in the Work, entrant acknowledges and agrees that such information will be disclosed publicly and entrant is solely responsible for any consequences thereof.
Limit one (1) entry per person throughout the Entry Period. Entries by the same person in excess of the limits stated herein will be disqualified. Entries submitted will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Upon receipt, all submissions shall be licensed to Sponsor as set forth below and will not be acknowledged or returned.
3. Prizes. The Prizes for the winner(s) are described below. No transfer, refund, cash redemption, substitution, cash equivalent or replacement of any prize by any winner is permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value (or cash equivalent). The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of all of the prizes is $16,000 (Sixteen Thousand Dollars and Zero Cents ). In the event the ARV of a prize is different from the actual retail value of that prize, the difference will not be awarded in cash. Applicable federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of winner. Any portion of the prize not accepted or unclaimed and/or unused by any winner will be forfeited and will not be substituted. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded.
Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive the opportunity to perform as Pitbull’s opening act at the Dr Pepper Private concert scheduled to take place on July 17th, 2013. Winner must be prepared to perform an original selection of music which is 30 minutes in length which will be performed prior to Pitbull’s performance at the private concert. Selection of music should not be any of Pitbull’s original music. Winner must use equipment furnished. Winner will be given time before the party to do a sound check of the equipment. This portion of the prize may be cancelled should any unforeseen situation arise and in such a case, Grand Prize winner will be permitted to attend event. Grand Prize includes round trip coach flight for winner and one guest from the major U.S. airport nearest the winner’s home to Miami, FL, two nights hotel for two (standard room, double occupancy), and two (2) tickets to Univisions Premios Juventud Awards show scheduled to take place on July 18, 2013 (the “Show”) with ground transportation included. Winner and guest must travel together on dates designated by Sponsor. Exact travel dates to be determined by Sponsor subject to availability and other restrictions. Sponsor is not responsible for flight cancellation/delay. Winner and guest are responsible for any passport and other travel requirements. Guest of grand prize winner must be 18 years of age or older.
Popular Winners Prize: Three (3) Popular Winners will receive round trip coach flight for winner and one guest from the major U.S. airport nearest the winner’s home to Miami, FL, two nights hotel for two (standard room, double occupancy), and two (2) tickets to the Show with ground transportation included. Winner and guest must travel together on dates designated by Sponsor. Exact travel dates to be determined by Sponsor subject to availability and other restrictions. Sponsor is not responsible for flight cancellation/delay. Winner and guest are responsible for any passport and other travel requirements. Guest of winners must be 18 years of age or older.
4. Selection of Winners.
(a) “Grand Prize Winner.” On or about June 24th, 2013 (the “Winner Announcement Date”), the Grand Prize Winner, will be selected by the Sponsor-designated judges from among all eligible entries received on the basis of: (i) composition (40%); (ii) creativity (30%); and (iii) originality (30%) (collectively, “Criteria”). Based on the Criteria, the top 10 eligible entrants with the highest cumulative score will be selected as the semi-finalists. Odds of winning depend on the nature, quality and number of eligible entries received. Decisions of judges are final and cannot be appealed. In the event of a tie, the entrants involved in the tie with the highest combined creativity/originality score will be selected.
(i) Semi-Finalists Selection: The top ten (10) judged entries named as semi-finalists will be required to send in a five (5) minute video giving a sample of the songs that they would DJ should they be chosen as the Grand Prize winner. Video should show an example of how the winner would perform as a DJ on the night of the opening act for Pitbull . If video is not received by the deadline given at the time of the Semi-Finalist announcement, this entry will be void and another entry will not be chosen to take its place. The video judged as the best video entry submitted based on the Criteria will be deemed to be the Grand Prize Winner by Sponsor-designated judges.
All semi-finalist videos must be:
1. In one of the following video types: .avi, .mov, .mpg, .mp4, mpeg or .wmv
2. No more than five (5) minutes in length
3. Semi-Finalist’s original creation
4. Suitable for publication
5. Submitted in English
All semi-finalist videos must not:
1. Have won previous awards
2. Have been previously published
3. Infringe on any third-party rights
All semi-finalist videos will be judged on the Criteria.
(b) “Popular Winners.” After the conclusion of the Entry Period, all eligible entries will be displayed on the Contest Site from June 01, 2013 to June 14, 2013 (the “Voting Period”) for public voting by the Talenthouse community based on the Criteria. The top 10 eligible Highest Voted Submission(s) will be then be judged by Sponsor-designated judges on the basis of the Criteria, weighted identically to the Grand Prize Winner selection. The three (3) Highest Voted Submissions with the highest cumulative judged score will be selected as “Popular Winners.” Odds of winning depend on the nature, quality and number of eligible entries received. Decisions of judges are final and cannot be appealed. In the event of a tie, the entrants involved in the tie with the highest combined creativity/originality score will be selected.
7. Grant of Rights. By entering the Contest, entrants irrevocably grant Sponsor and Sony Music Entertainment, their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, designees, clients, sponsors, licensees, and advertising and promotional agencies, an unlimited, worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, unconditional license and absolute right to edit, modify, adapt, distribute, stream, post, publish, broadcast, reproduce, store, copy, transmit, publicly display, exhibit, exploit and/or otherwise use the Work (in whole or in part) and copyrights therein, in any way and in any and all media, in Sponsor's and Sony Music Entertainment’s (or its subsidiaries’, divisions’, affiliates’ clients’, sponsors’, licensees’, and/or advertising and promotional agencies’) sole discretion, including but not limited to, the posting of any Work (in whole or in part) on social networking sites or any websites owned or operated by Sponsor or its subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, designees, clients, sponsors, licensees, and advertising and promotional agencies. Upon Sponsor's request, entrants agree to sign any and all legal forms deemed necessary by Sponsor to irrevocably assign, convey and transfer to Sony Music Entertainment (and/or Sony Music Entertainment’s subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, designees, clients, sponsors, licensees, and advertising and promotional agencies) any and all right, title and interest in and to the Work, including without limitation, all copyrights associated therewith.
8. Representations and Warranties/Indemnification. By entering this Contest, entrants represent and warrant as follows, that, with the exception of SME Content: (i) the Work is entrant's own original work and was created solely by entrant for the purpose of entering the Contest, (ii) the Work, as of the date of submission, is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim, (iii) the Work has not been previously published, distributed or otherwise exploited, (iv) the Work does not and will not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other personal or proprietary rights of any person or entity, and (v) the Work does not and will not violate any applicable laws. Each entrant hereby agrees to indemnify and hold the Contest Entities, their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, partners, representatives, agents, successors, subsidiaries, designees, clients, sponsors, licensees, assigns, employees, officers and directors harmless from and against any and all third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations or agreements of entrant hereunder.
9. No Tampering, Right To Cancel, Modify. Contest Entities, their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, designees, clients, sponsors, licensees, employees, officers and directors shall not have any obligation or responsibility, including any responsibility to award any prize to entrants, with regard to: (a) entries that contain inaccurate information or do not comply with or violate the Official Rules; (b) entries, prize claims or notifications that are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient, in whole or in part, due to computer, human or technical error of any kind; (c) entrants who have committed fraud or deception in entering or participating in the Contest or claiming the prize; (d) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (e) any inability of the winner to accept the prize for any reason; (f) if a prize cannot be awarded due to delays or interruptions due to Acts of God, natural disasters, terrorism, weather or any other similar event beyond Sponsor's reasonable control; or (g) any damages, injuries or losses of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from awarding, acceptance, possession, use, misuse, loss or misdirection of any prize or resulting from participating in the Contest or any promotion or prize related activities. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be: (a) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, or with any website promoting the Contest; (b) acting in violation of the Official Rules; or (c) entering or attempting to enter the Contest multiple times through the use of multiple e-mail addresses or the use of any robotic or automated devices to submit entries. If Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that technical difficulties or unforeseen events compromise the integrity or viability of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right to void the entries at issue, and/or terminate the relevant portion of the Contest promotion, including the entire Contest promotion, and/or modify the Contest and/or award the prize based upon the criteria set forth in these Official Rules from all eligible entries received as of the termination date.
10. Release of Liability; Disclaimer of Warranty; Forum Selection Clause. By participating in the Contest, entrants and winners agree to release and hold harmless the Contest Entities and their respective divisions, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, designees, clients, sponsors, licensees, employees, officers and directors (the "Released Parties"), from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever, including without limitation, property damage, personal injury (including emotional distress), and/or death, which may occur in connection with preparation for, or participation in, the Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of the prize or participation in any Contest-related or prize-related activity and for any claims or causes of action based on publicity rights, copyright, trademark, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. The Released Parties assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to entrants or to any other person's computer, regardless of how caused, relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials or software in connection with this Contest. Entrants and winners acknowledge that the Contest Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representations or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize or any component thereof, including, but not limited to, express warranties provided by the supplier of the prize (or any component thereof) or their affiliates. Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant or Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California. In addition, any dispute relating to the Contest (including these Official Rules) shall be brought in the appropriate state or federal court having jurisdiction over the subject matter located in Los Angeles County, State of California. Entrants hereby irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction of said courts and waive any claim of forum non conveniens or lack of personal jurisdiction they may have.
11. Sponsor: Talenthouse, Inc., 8810 Melrose Ave, West Hollywood, CA 90069.
12. Winner List. To obtain a copy of the winner’s list for this Contest, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Sponsor, at the above address, Attn: “Talenthouse - Dr Pepper / Pitbull MiMix” on or before August 25, 2013.