|WHAT IT IS||The synth-experts Chromeo, producers of the hit album Fancy Footwork are branded for their instrumental skills while entrancing the hearts of audiences worldwide. Often recognized for their bouncy electro-beats and retro-funk style, Chromeo are set to hit the road and embark on their ‘Night Falls Tour'. In celebration, the duo are inviting you to submit your interpretation of ‘Night Falls‘ for the chance to have your design produced and sold during their tour. The selected winner will also receive 50% net profits.
|WHO IT’S FOR||Fashion designers, graphic designers and illustrators|
|WHO IT’S FROM|
|HOW THE WINNER WILL BE CHOSEN||
Chromeo will choose the winner from all qualified submissions* with special consideration for the top voted entries.
|WHAT THE WINNER WILL GET||
The winner will have their design produced on a t-shirt which will be sold as a limited edition on selected dates during Chromeo’s ‘Night Falls Tour' and will receive 50% of net profits. Chromeo will donate the remaining 50% of net profits to a charity of the winner's choice. In addition, the winner will receive global recognition and have their design featured on Chromeo.net and across their social media channels.
|WHAT TO DO NEXT||
Click “Get Started”
|DATES TO REMEMBER||
Submission Deadline: September 27, 2011
Voting Starts: September 28, 2011
Voting Ends: October 4, 2011
Winner Announcement: October 13, 2011
• Participants must submit one design to be produced for a t-shirt
• Designs must be original (meaning not using third party pre-existing copyright materials).
• Participants should retain their original artwork files but designs must be submitted in JPEG or PNG, Max Size 5MB.
• In order to be chosen as the winner, the selected finalist shall grant ownership of all rights in and to the intellectual property to the winning submission to Chromeo. This transfer will be arranged directly between Chromeo's representatives and the winner.
• The winner will receive 50% of net profits from the sale of the t-shirt carrying their winning design which is to be sold as a limited edition on selected dates during Chromeo's ‘Night Falls Tour'. All financial reconciliation will be direct between Chromeo's representatives and the winner.
• The winner will be allowed to use their submission for portfolio purposes.
• Chromeo's name or likeness shall not be used in any manner other than for promotional or marketing purposes related to the submissions.
Chromeo, in 2010, have pushed forward into yet newer levels of song craft and body moving music that is respectfully indebted to its noble inspirations while still being fully contemporary. Lyrically, Dave continues to mine the rich vein of affairs of the heart. Is there really any other topic that Chromeo needs to cover? Arrogant ladies, dancefloor seduction, boudoir skills, love gone wrong, and knights in shining armor… Chromeo does all this and more with their trademark Franco-insouciance-that-borders-on-coolness and their always sexy worldliness.